Friday, November 30, 2007

Random Returns To the Studio



After a prolonged, unplanned sabatical to visit hell on Earth, Frank Random dropped by the LikeTelevision studios for a brief visit the other day. As you might recall from a previous post this summer, Frank has had a very difficult year - basically getting as close to death as I have ever seen a person get, and yet somehow, Frank was able to pull out of it. How close? Well - it was bad enough that I found myself standing over him in the hospital and asking God to please take the poor man back home. I asked a priest to come by and give him extreme unction, which is a sacrament in the Catholic church, now called annointing of the sick. Some folks associate it with Last Rites, but it is now given to people who are just very sick, not always on their death bed. But back then - Mr. Random was indeed very much on his death bed or so it seemed.

But thank God - Frank made it out, and I am pretty sure he had some divine help getting out too. It made my day, my week and my month to see Frank in the studio. Now, before you expect him to crank out 50 new shameless showcases - just chill. He still has a lot of rehabilition to do. But if all goes well, he should be coming in more frequently and once again, do what he does best, which is to bring a smile to your face and a little joy to the world. I hope everyone has a great weekend and that you find yourself feeling like you have an Angel on your shoulder too.